Thursday, April 2, 2009

Sat Nam

Today's been a pretty good day off, though I didn't have any idea it was going to rain. Originally I was going to go break in my new sneakers at Goddard Park with a trail run, but yeah. . .not quite happening!

I went to Dover Saddlery in NK and got a small bucket and a sponge so I can wash Dandy's sweat marks next time I ride (well, assuming it's *warm* out next time I ride). I'm not necessarily judging how they do things at this barn, but I was always, always taught never to put a horse away with sweat marks-- when it dries, especially if under a blanket, it can cause rubs and skin irritations. So, now I've got the means to take care of business. :p

Then I went to Sophie's on the way home and had a medium black hazelnut and about half of a raspberry almond muffin, since half a muffin there is equal to a whole muffin anywhere else. Sheesh, haha. I'm almost done with Living My Life, Part II (aka Emma Goldman's autobiography). I never actually finished reading her autobio back when I was writing my thesis, cuz all the info I needed was in the first half. The second part is really interesting though, if slightly sad, as it has to do with her disillusionment with Russia after its so-called revolution. Instead, the same old beaurocracy is going on, the same persecution of anarchists and dissenters, etc. etc. In fact, she finds herself completely unable to continue with her usual activities there and essentially bounces around Europe for several years, seemingly not allowed to stay in any one country for more than a few months just because of who she was. I often wondered whatEG would say about the current state of things, but after reading this part of her book, I don't think she'd be suprised. Even in the early 1920s she noticed a change in people and a sharp decline in interest in radicalism. ::sigh::

Um, anyway. Then I came home, played WoW and did a short yoga routine. I don't know why, but I just feel very weepy now, after doing that. I think I need to eat something good and grounding for lunch. I know I've been talking oh, not at all about Ayurveda since I started this thing, but I haven't forgotten. ;0

Well, with that said: lunch time! Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment