Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Relax

Just my simple observation for today.

Every so often today, just take a moment and ask yourself "where am I tense?" I know I often hold a lot of tension in my shoulders even when I don't *feel* anxious. Just try it. You'll probably notice something, whether your back, your shoulders, even your jaw. Now, how much better is it if you just relax, even for a moment?

I've been doing this for the past few days, noticing where I feel tense and consciously letting go. I actually started practicing this awhile ago because it's really important for horseback riding. If I try to do a sitting trot without relaxing my lower back, it ends up being bouncy and awkward for me and the horse. If instead I make a conscious effort to release my lower back muscles and take a deep breath, it comes together much easier.

And that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment