Monday, April 20, 2009

I Love Too Much

when it comes to World of Warcraft. ^_____^

If I didn't play that game, there'd likely be 29057395 more entries on here, haha.

Yesterday, when I was [not] reading a magazine at work, I came upon a blurb about a memoir-type book that just came out that I could've written. But no, I always assumed my story was not-quite-exciting enough and not something I'm *dying* to share anyway. Then along comes this girl, who's book will probably do very well amongst people dealing with the same thing, now getting interviewed by magazines and I'm sure making a pretty penny off it all.

Travis and I talk about how this type of situation happens ALL the time. Like, why is Marley and Me such a hit? Cuz a lot of people can relate to it, having owned "bad" dogs. All it took was one guy to just bite the bullet and write it all down. Or, another example that was VASTLY more frustrating to me was a bunch of years ago, when this author with no historical background decided to write about her trip across the US, visiting sites related to presidential assassinations. I picked it up a few times in the bookstore and was just appalled at what I read! She may have gotten some facts right but please, spare the so-called analysis! Leave that to those of us who have spent a LOT of time pouring over the historical sources and can place things in a much bigger context. And don't ever, ever insult the turn-of-the-century anarchist movement if you have no idea what you're talking about. v_v heh

Today was a pretty good day off. I spent most of it playing WoW, not gonna lie, haha. For breakfast I just had my last whole grain bagel toasted and then slathered with ghee and honey. Plus coffee. Then Travis and I went to Wakefield and were *going* to go to El Fuego, but surprise-- closed on Mondays! So instead we went to the co-op and I had a small bowl of veggie chili and some yerba mate. My junky snacks for today were 1 small brownie from the mysterious plate that's been on the kitchen table, 1 hollow milk chocolate egg (rather small) and some Jolly Rancher jellybeans. For dinner I was originally going to make a tofu scramble, but then decided to do something simpler. I just mixed together 1 can of solid white albacore tuna, a handful of edamame and 4 asparagus spears, raw, chopped up. I threw in some extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper and ate it with some blue corn nachoes. Simple and good! I think later tonight I am going to make a smoothie with rice milk, vanilla protein powder, ground flax seeds and some frozen berries. Oh, and mango chunks. We'll see though.

Well, that's it for the moment. See most of you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment