Monday, January 12, 2009

Mid-Morning Check In

How am I doing today?

- "Yay" I get to go to work for 8 hours. And for 7 of those hours it will just be me and a cashier, which means I'll be running around like a madwoman because it's Monday. And Mondays are the new Tuesdays, apparently.

But you know what I tell myself about work? It's a great chance to practice mindfulness and equanimity. For the most part, people are okay. It's usually just a couple of times a day when someone's a bitch and I just have to shake my head and wonder what would cause someone to *be* like that.

Then I remember a big principle of Buddhism; that everything and everyone are interconnected. We all go through the same ups and down of life. Thing is, some people just never learn to deal with what life throws at them constructively.They turn everything around into being someone else's fault, or maybe they don't even realize that how they are behaving *is* unskillful. And then of course, some people are just bastards and they know it, but whatever. That's the spice of life, haha. So that's why, whenever someone is totally unreasonable, I don't take it personally. If you get that easily rattled over us not having the toothpaste that's on sale, I kinda feel bad for you. Life must suck when you go around being so easily bothered by every little thing. Sometimes I secretly wish these people well; sometimes I just wish they would go to CVS. :)

-Feeling nervy about grad school. If I don't get in, then maybe Library Science isn't what I'm supposed to be doing. I believe in that sort of thing. I don't know. I just hope I find out sooner rather than later so I can plan my next step.

-Pissed because I'm not hungry and it's almost lunch time. It's taken me a long time to regain hunger cues, so I don't like the idea of eating even when I don't want anything. But I know I can't go until 5 or so tonight without anything more than a snack. I'll have to hop out to Belmont before the other manager leaves and grab soup and a roll or something.

-Feeling a little lazy too. I wanted to do some yoga this morning, but Mah Jong called way too loudly. :p Doing a little bit of yoga everyday is something I would like to start doing. The hardest part is going to be just *doing* it, haha.

That's all for now. Maybe I'll write after work, but chances are I'll be playing WoW instead. O_o heh

No comments:

Post a Comment