Sunday, January 25, 2009

For the Horde!

j/k

Kind of.

hehe

So yesterday was a good day all around. Travis and I drove to CT and I FINALLY found out what happened to my saddle.

Last May I decided that even if I started riding again, I was not going to want my old saddle. It was in good condition, but just not what I wanted anymore. So, I brought it to a tack shop in CT and put it on consignment.

Months passed and I didn't hear anything. Then one day I got a call: some people were interested in my saddle, but would I be willing to lower the price? That was fine with me.

Awhile more passed. . .nothing. This is when I was just beginning lessons, so I was going back and forth to the tack shop quite a few times. One time I went and didn't see my saddle anywhere, so I asked if it had been sold afterall. At first the woman couldn't find any of the papers regarding my saddle, which was a bit alarming. Finally she realized that someone was trying my saddle at the moment, hence its absence. Again, if these people might take it, fine by me.

I went back, probably a week later, to get different half-chaps and check up on things. This time the woman said that the people bought my saddle, so I could be expecting a check as soon as theirs cleared. Sweet. Let's keep in mind, this was October.

Months passed, with no call and no check. I was left wondering if it had gotten lost in the mail, or if the people had decided not to buy it, etc. etc. I wanted to go there and person to find out what the deal was, but as this place is in CT, past Foxwoods, it's a bit of hike. Things kept coming up, and I just never found the time to go there.

Well, yesterday was that day.

The verdict?

They just plain forgot to send me a check. ~_~

But they wrote me one right there, so I now have another nice chunk of change to divide up and use wisely. Just wish it had happened sooner. :p

I also had a pretty good first day of trying to get myself back on track. If you're not interested in the details, just read the bold stuff.

I have nothing in the house for breakfast, so all I could scrounge up was a bowl of Puffins cereal and some coffee. Before we left for CT, I had a slice of leftover pizza, with most of the cold cheese pulled off and tossed. I don't like the rubbery feeling. x_x After the tack shop, we stopped at Applebee's in Westerly, and I had an Oriental Grilled Chicken Salad, which was good and thankfully NOT slathered in salad dressing. But it might as well been drowning in dressing, because Travis and I split a chocolate chip cookie sundae. Oh well, that was my outright junk for the day. ^__^

Later that night I made a big batch of vegetarian chili, using soy ground beef, kidney beans, canned tomatoes and tomato paste. I seasoned it with oregano, cumin, onion powder, garlic, cayenne pepper and some red pepper flakes for good measure. I wasn't really following a recipe (except for some ideas about the spices to use), but amazingly it came out REALLY tasty! I had a big bowl of that with a salad of spinach, sliced beets, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Mmm mmm mm. And finally, for dessert later that night I had my usual apple dish-- a sliced apple heated with ghee, cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom seeds. So fricken good, haha.

So it wasn't the *best* day ever, but miles ahead of the way I've been eating lately.

And I guess that's it. I have to get in SOME world of warcraft before work. :p

2 comments:

  1. Now I want chili really bad! Too bad I pretty much can't eat anything right now because I just left work (sorry, won't see you today) because I feel like total crap. =(
    But enjoy your vat of healthy food!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot! I usually like vegetarian dishes. My favorite vege meal at Hope is the Vegan Nuggets :-P no one likes them except me (and I enjoy Sweet and Sour sauce with them). But don't feel bad about the bad food! It's there to taste good when you fall off track every time <(^^)> mmmmmmmm yummy yummy!

    ReplyDelete