Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Verdict:

Out, damned tooth!

Yeah. From what I described, my dentist thinks most of the pain is due to a minor infection, but pretty much, it's time for the tooth to go. UNfortunately, since it's my very back molar, he cannot extract it in his office-- I'll need to go to an oral surgeon. In the meantime, I get Amoxycillin for the infection and Vicodin for the pain. Wheeeee.

He gave me a list of nearby oral surgeons, plus there's the one I've already used a long time ago to get my wisdom teeth out that I know is good. Now the trick is finding out who takes my lovely Aetna Dental insurance. Who needs national health care? Certainly not the US! @_@

Anyways, that's the scoop. So I'll still be grumpy in pain for a little while longer.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you at least know what it is now! Good luck with the surgeon!

    Oh, and I keep completely forgetting to bring you popcorn. But I will, I promise, tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete