Thursday, February 12, 2009

Finally, A Moment

God, the past few days have been :p. And not a funny :p either, more like a long, drawn out blaaaah.

Monday, worked 8-5. Or really, 7:30-5 cuz that's when I have to get there. I rang from 12 to 5, which is a lot more than I'm used to. It wasn't too bad though; I kept busy checking the register candy for outdates.

Tuesday morning, I was there at 7:30 as usual. Around 7:40, the phone rang. Sure enough, my cashier was calling out with a "sore throat," which meant I was going to be by myself til noon. GREAT. There's always a lot for a manager to do on a Tuesday morning too, between vendors and magazines, so I was not looking forward to a great morning. Called Wayne a little before 8 to tell him what was up and that I'd try calling some people to see if anyone could come in for a few hours. He said okay, and that he'd try to be there around 10. Unfortunately, everyone was either busy or unreachable, so I was indeed by my lonesome til 10:30ish. LUCKILY it was dead and my only vendor randomly came in by the front door, so I had plenty of time to just look for more candy outdates. I had to keep ringing until 4 though, even after Wayne got there because there was still no other cashier. Believe me when I say I sympathize with you guys who have to ring all shift-- it sucks. :p haha

By Wednesday morning, I was in no mood to be there again. Luckily my cashier showed up, and even better my shift ended at 1 anyway. It was a very easy day that just flew by, which was definitely the kind of shift I needed.

Maybe to make up for my shitty week at work, my riding lesson yesterday was great. It was so freaking NICE and WARM outside that I didn't need to bundle up in 95948 layers. I would have loved to ride outside, but unfortunately the outdoor areana is one big mud pit right now. Oh well, I'll take a few weeks of mud as long as there's no more snow and ice! Dandy was a stupendous boy. . . SO much better than last week, which is good because he simply had an off day and did not, in fact, forget all his training O_o;;. Seeing as the horses are supposed to be outside again (if the weather stays nice) I might try to sneak over to the barn on a free day and take some pictures of my beastie. Yeah, listen to me talk as though I own him-- since when does Rite Aid pay that well? lol

Speaking of RA, did any of you guys see the list somewhere online that mentioned it as one of the companies not expected to make it through 2009? I'll try to dig it up. . .
Hooray for college! (er, hopefully. . .)

There are a few other things I want to do before work today, so I'm ending this here. Remind me next time to write about my Mom's tarot card party. The lady was pretty accurate, except for one big thing. v_v But I think that's been straightened out, haha.

Til next time!

1 comment: