Saturday, February 21, 2009

Excited and Scared

Oh, the grad school thing. My next step from here is contacting the head of the department who will tell me who I need to go to for advising and all that good stuff. I'm definitely going to email her THIS week, but I think on Tuesday morning I'll go to Sophie's or Brewed for breakfast and I'll sit down with the course book and try to map out a tentative plan and what I want to take. If anything my problem will be narrowing my choices down, but I guess that's something my advisor will help with (hopefully-- hopefully I won't get another asshole like *another* certain professor I can think of V_V). As usual, I have 935747 interests!

In other news, I'm nearly on page 900 of War and Peace, and that means I'm almost done. :( Is it sick that 1000+ pages is somehow not enough for me? haha After this, I will either read The Idiot by Dostoyevsky or a book on Mikhail Bakunin, one of the most radical Russian anarchists. In any case, this is definitely a year for books about Russia or by Russian authors! haha

And now, World of Warcraft!

1 comment: